Tuesday, April 26, 2016

My Breast Cancer Update: NO MORE RED DEVIL!

April 11th was my 4th cycle and final infusion of Adriamycin (AKA The Red Devil), and Cytoxan. Part A of treatment is complete! No chemo treatment this week, so I'm enjoying my last days of freedom. 

Part B of treatment begins May 2nd, and will be 12 weeks straight of Taxol. I have been told by doctors, nurses, and friends that the Taxol will be easier. I'm staying positive that it will be, and will hopefully feel more like myself throughout. 

I'm still not used to being bald. I haven't been able to go out in public with my naked head. I usually cover up with a hat, or a scarf wrapped turban style although I'm not very good at it. I was just telling friends how being bald is harder than I thought it would be. Before, I hardly styled my hair. I actually hid behind my hair, and hardly wore makeup. Now I'm wearing more makeup, trying to figure out my eyebrows, and spending way more time on scarf wrapping than I ever did on styling my hair. I'm sure I'll figure it out once my hair starts to grow back. LOL.

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of music. All genres. With the recent passings of some of my lifelong favorite musicians including David Bowie, Merle Haggard, and Prince, this process has been made extra emotional for me. So far, I have worn my David Bowie Blackstar tank under my shirt to every infusion. Seems silly, but it gives me courage.

I end this post with my favorite Bowie song, that I  listen to everyday. It may seem a bit heavy at first, but I find it empowering and encouraging. If you are feeling down, the message is clear... You're not alone.



David Bowie - Rock 'n' Roll Suicide,
taken from ‘Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars (The Motion Picture Soundtrack)'

3 comments:

  1. I heard this song b4, but I don't think I ever "listened" to it. Beautiful. You are wonderful, and you are not alone! Love & Hugs baby girl. xox

    ReplyDelete