Saturday, March 12, 2016

My Breast Cancer Update: Days after First Chemo Treatment



This steroid is making me crazy!

On days 2, 3, and 4 after chemo treatment I was prescribed Dexamethasone, a steroid to help prevent nausea and other possible allergic reactions. What it actually did was made me feel incredibly anxious, jittery, yet extremely exhausted at the same time. Quite nerve-racking. I'm tired, but I can't sit still. I can't focus on anything... not even Pinterest could keep me interested.

I spoke with one of my nurses yesterday, and she said that we would try to lessen my dose for the next cycle. I also have a meeting with my nurse practitioner on Monday which I plan to request alternatives for the steroid... or at least something to chill me out.

To all the women I have known to function and work through chemo treatments... YOU are truly superwomen! I don't know how you do it. I'm hopeful that I will figure out the treatment that works best for me and helps me feel a bit more human than I have the past few days.

1 comment:

  1. Steroids affect me in very dramatic fashion. A doc gave me prednisone for recurring sinus infections and I didn't sleep for three days. Rooting for you to get through this process as smoothly as possible.

    ReplyDelete