Sunday, March 20, 2016

My Breast Cancer Update: Hair today. Gone tomorrow.

It's the first day of spring and I am preparing myself for my second chemo session tomorrow. I worry myself about how I will feel this upcoming week. The doc is tweaking my meds this time around, a lesser dose or none at all of the steroid. Hydrating as much as possible and making sure I have all the things that I think I will want to help comfort myself. My mom is back in town to help out as well, so I am hopeful that it will be much better than after the first chemo treatment. 

I have also been having vivid dreams about chunks of my hair falling out. I know it's bound to happen at any moment, and no matter how much I try and prepare myself for it... I'm not ready. Chemo can cause hair loss all over your body - not just the hair on your head. Eyelashes, eyebrows, and other body hair may fall out. C'mon! Seriously!?! I have been watching YouTube tutorials on drawing on eyebrows and putting on fake lashes. I apologize in advance if I look like a freak for a while. I have never been good with my eyebrows, AND I never knew how cold I could be until I shaved my hair.

So tonight I distracted myself by making dinner for the family. Well, two different dinners really. One with meat for the boys, and one without for hubby. Now we are watching our beloved Washington Captials fight off the dreadful Penguins. After the game I will recheck my bags for tomorrow before relaxing to bed.

Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment