Monday, April 4, 2011

I don't need no stinkin' Starbucks!

OK. OK. So I occasionally go to Starbucks, but it's more satisfying to make my decaf mocha latte myself. It's pretty easy if you have the right stuff.

What you need: 
brewed coffee
1 cup + of milk in glass measuring cup
2 tbsp organic sugar
2 tbsp all natural Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa
milk frother
2 coffee cups

Steps:
• brew the coffee as directed
• heat milk in the microwave, about 2 minutes
• add 1 tbsp sugar to each coffee cup
• add 1 tbsp cocoa to each coffee cup
• fill each coffee cup half way with coffee, mix well
• skim the funky skin from the top of the heated milk, froth till foamy on top
• hold foam back with spoon and fill each coffee cup with heated milk
• spoon foam on top of each coffee cup


Yum! I will not let Starbucks defeat me!
Now off to pilates so the calories don't defeat my either. :)


organic sugar • all natural unsweetened cocoa • cute mixer/frother

add coffee to sugar and cocoa then mix

sugar and cocoa in cups


froth that heated milk

deelish homemade decaf mocha latte

No comments:

Post a Comment