Friday, April 8, 2011

Our kids are telling us something: Meet 11-year-old Birke Baehr, aspiring organic farmer.

At the 2010 TEDxNextGenerationAsheville, 11-year-old Birke Baehr spoke about What's Wrong With Our Food System. While most pre-teens are worried about what clothes to wear and what music to listen to, Birke is worried about what types of food we are putting into our bodies.

Birke gives me a great idea... My son Rileigh needs to complete several hours of community service for school credit. I think we will be making calls to local organic farms to see if they have volunteer opportunities. I'll let you know what I find out. Thank you Birke for the inspiration.

Birke is an aspiring organic farmer, volunteers at the Humane Society and loves working with animals. View Birke's profile at ted.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment