Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my Undefeated Mom blog. I never thought that I would be writing a blog, but several things in the past week have fueled me to share my family story. This story will unfold through future posts, but first things first... who am I?

My name is Jackie. I am a graphic designer, music lover, fashion freak, wife to an awesome man (Ross), mother of 2 great boys (Jackson and Rileigh), and hopefully much more. I constantly struggle and face challenges with who I am and who I want to be, which is why I choose the title Undefeated Mom.

Last week was one of the most interesting weeks of my life. On Monday, I went to hopefully the first of many pilates classes with my husband, came home to work, and had two phone interviews with NBC Universal and MSNBC.com/Today.com regarding the FDA hearings to ban artificial food dyes. Tuesday morning a TV crew was in our home filming us make breakfast and get ready for school, followed by an emotional on camera interview. Tuesday evening we were on the Nightly News and received phone calls from friends and family all over the country. Wednesday morning our story aired on the Today show and we received even more calls, and Moms Today ran the story on their website. Thursday morning the FDA rejected the ban on artificial food dyes, and by the afternoon I was feeling defeated and drained... Thursday evening, with the suggestion from my wonderful cousin Alison, I decided to start this blog.

Friday was pretty uneventful, but the weekend was full of excitement. Saturday afternoon Jackson participated at the citywide science fair, while Ross and I test drove a Tesla Roadster. Later that afternoon we watched Rileigh's last hockey game of the winter season which ended in a big win (8-5). Today, Sunday, Jackson and I attended the citywide science fair awards program where he took 1st place in the engineering category. Talk about a great start to the week!

I do not intend for this blog to be a constant play by play of my daily activities, but I think it's necessary to understand where I am starting from. My initial idea for this blog was to discuss the unnecessary chemicals in our foods and the health concerns associated with them... but then I realized that I have more to share than just my thoughts on food and diet. I hope to use this blog to share experiences, give and gain advice, and grow.

No matter the struggle, I refuse to be defeated.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I'm so proud of you!!! I'm excited to see more!

    ReplyDelete